Notes from Wonderground
This article has been read 417 times.
What you should know about Las Vegas’ most ecclectic fine arts show
A true variety show, Jeff McBride’s Vegas Wonderground brings magic, art and dance to center stage at The Olive Mediterranean Grill every third Thursday of the month.
With so much talent in one room, here’s five things we think you should know about Vegas’ most wonderous show.
1. Make sure you’re here in time to grab a seat because the place is packed. Even though The Olive has expanded since the last time I was there, Vegas Wonderground clearly brings a crowd.
2. Who knew burlesque and yoga went together? Burlesque performer Sharla May is easy on the eyes, but she bends and contorts herself into positions that hurt just to look at.
3. This show brings the best magicians to Las Vegas. Tonight’s show features Jeff McBride; the ultimate vaudeville magician, Cardone; TanBA of Imperial Palace’s “Matsuri;” and Rene Delgadillo and Miss Tess, combining a special blend of salsa dancing and magic.
4. The Shocker’s occupation is being awesome — and he does magic in a Lucha Libre costume. Yeah, we think he’s pretty awesome, too.
5. It’s free! Whether it’s the magic, the music (they have live dj’s), belly dancers, body painting, or tarot card readings, there’s something here to interest everyone, and the lineup is different every time.